Thursday, March 20, 2014

Finally Found a Solution

My dog Hashbrown loves the water. I love to see him swim and play, but I couldn't stop worrying about his ear infections. No matter how much attention I gave his ears, my dog always seemed to suffer from ear infections. He would shake his head repeatedly and hold his head down in pain. We took him to the vet numerous times and ran test to see what type of ear infection he had. Although we found he did have allergies, the allergies did not contribute to his reoccurring ear infections. We found out his ear infections where due to yeast.  

We tried treating it with the prescription meds the vet gave us. It took about two weeks for him to get better, but then the ear infection re-appeared sooner than we expected. We then sought home remedies for dog ear infections but we were so afraid to chance our dog’s ears to a home remedy that could hurt him instead of help him. At this point I think we tried everything except Zymox. We kept his ears clean with Epi-Otic ear cleaner. One day while shopping on Allivet for EpiOtic and we saw an ad for Zymox on sale. Since it didn’t require a prescription and said it treated ear infections caused by yeast we decided to give it a try. The best decision we have made. Since buying Zymox our dog has yet to suffer from another ear infection. He’s happy again. No more shaking his head. I used to be so sad. In the middle of play or eating he would have to stop out of discomfort. Finally a solution.  

We keep his ear clean with Zymox and use the Zymox once a week to keep away any yeast build up. I really like the fact that it is not an antibiotic and can be used for an extended period of time. Since then I have told all of the dog owners in my family and I've been glad to share this tip at the dog park. 




No comments:

Post a Comment